Thursday, April 8, 2010

For the Love of Cheesecake {Tour of Pike Place Market Part 3}

_DSC0046

I'd like to think that I know a good cheesecake when I taste one. Years ago I made a cheesecake for my office and it didn't turn out well AT ALL. I was beyond embarrassed, so from that moment on I made sure that I not only knew how to make it (I'll give you my recipe later), but that I knew how to taste it. There has to be a certain bounce upon touch, creaminess, richness, and flavor that unite in a way to make it a decadent dessert. If you get that right, it's bliss in a bite.

Our past trip to Pike Place led us to The Confectional. I never really noticed this place before because I was always stuffed to the brim with other carbs (as seen in previous posts), but my MIL ran right in and bought this small and simple dessert for us all to share. We were really really happy with her choice.

A Happy Day and Good Cheesecake go hand in hand.

_DSC0043

I know this is not a very good picture of the cheescake itself-- but it's mainly because it was swallowed by five people in 1 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sitt'n here lov'n the food

Related Posts with Thumbnails