Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Tast-y Meat-a Ball-a {Tour of Pike Place Market Part 4}

_DSC0052

A few years ago we were doing some exploring in the inside of the market. It wasn't too far inside, but far enough away from the main walkway that I think it sometimes gets passed up. We hadn't eaten in 30 minutes, and it was lunch time, so you know... this looked like a cool place. Pike Place Pasta Bar cool-looking-place, to be exact. The owner said "try some meatballs." We did.

They tasted like Mom-Mom's-- Rowdy's full blood Italian Grandmother. I myself had never had the privilege of tasting her meatballs before she passed away, but my MIL, SIL, BIL's, and HIL...I meant husband, all swear by them.

As we were tasting of their delish-ish-ness, I asked the super cool owner "hey! what's in these?" Secret ingredient, of course. Just kidding. He told me worchestershire sauce. "Really?" I said.

It works. I put that in my homemade meatballs now, too.

One of my favorite things about this pasta joint? They drizzle pesto and parmesan on top of their marinera. Such a fantastic combo.

Their pasta is yummy, garlic bread delish, and the prices are super reasonable. Very casual environment where you can sit at the barstools and slurp up your deep red marinera and pasta without worries of bugging the neighbor next to you. They are doing the same thing, you know. Hot take-out Italian at its best.

Here's a map.


1 comment:

  1. whoa carrie, you're seriously doing this blog now! I didn't know I was missing out on all these posts. I'm going to start following. nothing's better than eating food, but your descriptions and photos are a close second. :)

    ReplyDelete

sitt'n here lov'n the food

Related Posts with Thumbnails